Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Can you please advise how to scan and save the image onto

Customer Question

Can you please advise how to scan and save the image onto computer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You will have a program installed on your computer called Canon Scan.
Run this program and there you click on Scan.
It will then do the scan and place the scan by default in the pictures folder on your computer.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou Richard, I have found the scan setting but have not yet been able to activate the scanning. The lights on the top of the printer are flashing, so I am assuming new ink cartridges are needed and perhaps this would affect the scanning ?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, this will have no impact on it Wendy.
It is not the scan settings you need, but the Scan program that is installed when you installed the printer on the computer.
This is the program you need to run, it is called Canon Scan.
Let me know the results please