Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Photo paper 6"x4" stuck in printer . unable to see paper from

Photo paper 6"x4" stuck in printer . unable to see paper from either side, therefore unable to pull out.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What model printer is this? Did you see where in the machine the paper got stuck?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kodak esp3.2

Paper started to feed in when requested a print but go stuck and never came out of tray

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It sounds like it is in the transport unit.
Turn the machine around and remove the rear panel try to get the paper from here:

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No way can the back open up

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I sent an image showing how to open it. Do you not have that panel on the back?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No panel

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok try this way instead.
Place the printer on a flat work surface.
Tip the front of the printer back.
Place your hand in the center of the paper input tray opening.
Insert your hand into the paper input area.
Push the internal guide toward the front of the printer to allow any foreign objects to fall out.
.Image

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing happened

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok try to print or make a copy then, if you get an error give me the error message.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Printer communication error

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How is the printer connected to the computer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

By the two connections at the back of the printer. The two cables which came with the machine when I purchased it through a little box then to the wall socket

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
There should be a cable going directly from the back of the printer to the back of the computer separate from the one that leads to the box. Disconnect and reconnect both ends of that cable.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still showing printer communication error

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That cable is what allows the printer to communicate with the computer. Try switching the port it is connected to on the computer. If the same thing happens next we would need to try another cable as yours may be failing even though it was working. They tend to fail either intermittently or completely without any warning all at once. If you do not have one borrowing one from someone with a printer should work as it is a standard printer cable. Until this is ruled out we can not go any further.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will have to sigh off as I am going out and my lift has arrived. Will contact tomorrow. Thanks

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Take all the time you need.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Took my printer into a local Computer company today (Tuesday)

They checked it over and got it working. The Paper seems still to be inside but it is now working so therefore do not require any more assistance. Thanks for your help

Margaret

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience