Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a Pixma MP560 which shows a message B200 printer error

Customer Question

I have a Pixma MP560 which shows a message
B200 printer error has occurred. Unplug the power cord
and contact the service centre.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
this is a serious error with the mainboard on the printer and is caused by two reasons. Either residue power or the mainboard has failed. We will confirm this.
Remove the printer from the power (so unplug the cord) and wait 10 minutes.
Then plug it back in and tell me if it still gives the error please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The error message repeats after a long period with power off

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Gerry, it confirms the issue, and please don't shoot the messenger.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If the warranty has expired, it is more cost effective to purchase a new printer, as replacing this board plus labor is about the same cost but then you only get a 1 month warranty on the work.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.