Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

canon pixma mx 700 printing blank pages

canon pixma mx 700 printing blank pages
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Please make a copy from the scanner glass, does the print from the scanner glass come out blank as well?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes from copier it comes out blank

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is not a good sign, have you tried cleaning the machine by hand rather than using the software yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

does scan ok but will not copy==have not tried manual cleaning as not sure how to do that

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it says that the following ink tank cannot be recognized UO43

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Remove and reinsert the ink cartridges, does it still show the same error?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no that seems to have got rid of that message--am trying to print now

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok let me know what happens.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no luck i am afraid

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Is it even slightly better or still completely blank?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still completely blank

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Remove the ink cartridges and look at the carriage. Is there a lever or latch you can lift? Not all MX series have it so I need you to check. If you do it allows you to remove the print head. Some do not have removable print heads though which is why I need you to check.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes have removed the printer head

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok good soak the print head in warm water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes change the water and repeat this. Keep repeating it until after 10 minutes the water is clear. Let the print head dry for 10 minutes, do not test it yet but put the print head and ink cartridges back into the machine. Before testing it run the original cleaning you used built into the machine itself once. This will get any water that is not dried out of the nozzles. After that test the machine. If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience