WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

HP Envy 5530 - Put disk into my pc but cannot get it talk to

HP Envy 5530 - Put disk into my pc but cannot get it talk to pc. It is whirling around but I dont see anything on screen
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.
WesPCDr :

Hi, I can help troubleshoot the problem.

WesPCDr :

Is this a CD/DVD that does not work?

Customer:

It is the disk that came with the printer. The printer is new and I'm trying to set it up. The actual printer works with the wi fi and everything as I looked at a HP video how to do it. It is just when I put the disk into the pc its not doing anything but just wirring around

WesPCDr :

Try cleaning the disk with a non-abrasive cloth such as a t-shirt and light spray of Windex or water. It might be dirty and not able to read.

WesPCDr :

Or I can send you the link to download the software directly, that might be easier.

WesPCDr :

Please let me know your printer make and model and I can get you the link to download the software.

Customer:

I dont think the disk is dirty. The printer is an HP Envy 5530 thats all I have.

WesPCDr :

The disk could be scratched as well.

WesPCDr :

The best thing to do is get the software and drivers online.

WesPCDr :

You don't need the disk if you download from that link.

Customer:

Is that easy to follow, as I'm not exactly computer savvy. I will need an 'idiots guide'!

WesPCDr :

Yes. Very easy. What is your Operating System? Windows 8?

Customer:

No, Windows 7

WesPCDr :

Ok.

WesPCDr :

Here is the direct link for your software and drivers --> DANGEROUS URL REMOVED

Customer:

OK. Best give me the link then.

WesPCDr :

Once the software is done download, run the file and that's it.

WesPCDr :

The drivers and software will install and it will guide you to connect your printer.

Customer:

Do I have to type in that 'DANGEROUS URL REMOVED' as I would if I was just looking something up on the internet?

WesPCDr :

I think the chat software removed the link.

WesPCDr :

Let me type it again.

WesPCDr :

let me know if you see this link

WesPCDr :

If you see the link above without the DANGEROUS URL REMOVED then click on it and choose Windows 7 as your Operating System

Customer:

Are yes, I have it now. Do I go into it while I'm still talking with you?

WesPCDr :

Up to you.

WesPCDr :

The software and drivers will show up and you can download the file from there. Then install.

Customer:

I would rather do it while you are still there. I dont have to put the disk in do I?

WesPCDr :

No problem.

WesPCDr :

No, the disk is not necessary.

WesPCDr :

Since we are downloading the driver software online.

Customer:

OK. Here goes!

WesPCDr :

Ok

Customer:

Its asking about windows 32 bts. I dont know what I've got

WesPCDr :

Press the Windows start key and type System

WesPCDr :

Then click on the System icon on the right side to open it.

Customer:

It says 64 bt. thank you

WesPCDr :

Great.

WesPCDr :

Choose Windows 7 64-bit for the download

WesPCDr :

Once downloaded, run the file and it will extract and start the install.

WesPCDr :

Did the file download?

Customer:

Hooray - works! Thank you very much x

WesPCDr :

great

WesPCDr :

you're welcome.

WesPCDr :

I appreciate your patience.

WesPCDr :

Please be sure to rate my answer so I can receive credit for my time. Thank you.

WesPCDr, Technician
Experience: Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician