Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

canon pima mp520 u051 print head not installed install print

canon pima mp520 u051 print head not installed install print head
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Have you tried cleaning the machine yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

iv;e cleaned the heads manuely but the printer seems to stoped on thisstation

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How did you clean the print head?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

wrapped astrong tissue round a small paint brush and cleaned along track

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok that is a little different than what I would do. Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is an area on the cartridge that when pushed ink will come out that is normal, just get any dried ink off that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still the same problem

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Remove the ink and look at the carriage is there a lever or latch you can lift?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

done this

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did what? I did not mentioned doing anything I only asked if that was there.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I took carridge out to lean contacts

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That was the first thing we did this is different, this is for the print head not the cartridges. Remove the ink cartridges and look at the carriage without the cartridges in it at all put them to the side. Do you see a latch or lever you can lift on the carriage itself?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I lifted the arm and took the head out to clean contacts and heads

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok how did you clean it? I was going to give you a completely different way than what we just did.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

with cotton buds and warm soapy water

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

.
Do not use soap as I mentioned above just use warm water. Remove the print head and soak it in warm water for 10 minutes. Change the water after 10 minutes and repeat this until the water runs clear. After that let it dry 10 minutes. Do not test it but put it back into the machine then run the cleaning on the machine itself once to get any water in the nozzles out. After that test it.
.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If the error changes after testing it please give me the error number.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its on message uo52

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn, that is essentially the same error but the opposite nozzle. How old is your machine?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

two years

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unless you happen to have an extended warranty it is no longer covered then. Sometimes one of the two cleanings we did will get the machine working again when this happens. When they do not it means the print head has failed and needs to be replaced. The part number for your machine is Qy6-0070 this is the cheapest I have found it: Click Here There is a small but unlikely chance that you will get the same error with another print head meaning the logic board has failed. This is possible but unlikely because usually it will give a B200 error if the board has failed rather than just a U05x error. Due to this possibility and the price of the part some people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience