Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Kodak Hero 5.1 All-In-One Printer is not working. I Registered

My Kodak Hero 5.1 All-In-One Printer is not working. I Registered my printer with you on the 18 Oct 2014.
I thought it may just be needing new cartridges, so I bought new ones.
I fitted those cartridges into my printer. It went through the testing procedure but did not print anything. I tryed this several times but unable to get it to print anything.
I asked a friend about this. He came to my house and had a look at it, and said it must be faulty cartridges. I had other new cartridges, so my friend fitted them into the printer, and it did not print anything, (either black/colour).
Can I ask for some help on this please. I only have this computer and printer at home for enjoyment.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Is the printer new?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please tell me what is required. Is the parts that may be needed to repair this expensive?.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It seems you missed part of my reply, is the machine new? From your question it sounds like it might be.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it was bought in October 2014. I received a letter from KODAK, which said 'Thank you for registering'.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok thank you from what you described the logic board would need to be replaced. Your machine should still be under warranty, call this number: 0870-2430270 Normally if it is just one of the cartridges printing black it could be the print head but that is unlikely with everything printing blank. Call that number and it will usually be replaced under the warranty. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.