Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

my canon pro 10 is only printing in mono even though it is

my canon pro 10 is only printing in mono even though it is a colour print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What version of windows or mac is on the computer? Does it print the color portions black or does it ignore them and that portion prints blank?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

windows 7 all colour portions are printed black

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Click on start and then click on devices and printers.
Right click on your printer.
In the right click menu choose printer properties.

There are two properties sometimes so make sure it says printer properties.
Click on the preferences button in the window that opens up.

Uncheck grayscale printing and set quality to standard.
Click on apply and then ok, click on ok again and then try printing this page.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No this still did not work, I uninstalled all components of the printer and reinstalled, set up a clean twice and did a deep clean, did a print page and found that colours 1-5 are not working therefore showed a blank page, colours 6-10 are ok, will contact canon for info as the printer is only 10 months old

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It sounds like you may have a failing print head so that is a good idea as they are normally covered for a year. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.