Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

, I have a macbook on yosemite and also windows 7 through

Hi, I have a macbook on yosemite and also windows 7 through parallels.
i cannot scan from mg3200 canon connected with usb to my windows, which i use for work (90%).
actually i did not manage to set mg3200 to work wirelessly because there is a IP conflict??
should i uninstall/reinstall the printer completely an forget about wireless (not really necessary)?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello Dick! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you able to scan from the mac side?

Right now, are you able to print from windows 7 with the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is it wireless?

What is the error or message when scanning on windows 7?

Can you open the program called "IJ Scan Utility" on the windows to see if you can scan? (Click on Start->All programs -> Canon Utilities...)

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. no, i cannot scan or print on the mac side as the printer is selected to be used on windows side

2. it is on usb and i can PRINT from W7 and scan onto paper by pressing the SCAN button

3. "cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons (6 bullets). please check and try again. click (scanner selection) if you want another scanner. When clicking a message box appears listing as scanner 'MG3200 series and checked D8.49.2F.08.76.41'. this is not the scanner name in W7 (MG3200 series Printer (Copy 1)). in Control Panel - devices and printers are 3xMG3200: Canon Mg3200 series 2 (picture shows a HP 4500 printer!!),, Canon MG3200 series Printer and Canon MG3200 series Printer (Copy 1) - which is the one that works in W7. cannot designate as default printer - that honour stays with a HP 4500 printer, which I use at an other location.

4. yes, that opens, and printer/scanner choices are Canon MG3200 series Network and Canon MG3200 series.

sorry for the lengthy reply.

When you select the choice "Canon MG3200 series", then scan, does it work?

And/or when you select the choice "Canon MG3200 series Network", then scan, does it work?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

only the Canon MG3200 series works, not the "network"

Is that okay? Or do you want to set up wireless printing / scanning? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well, i bought the printer to be able to loose wires, so setting it up for wireless is of course fulfilling my dream.

but i had also problems with the HP4500, that in the beginning accepted to work in the air, but now needs the wire.

if you can help me fix this IP address compatibility problem now I would be grateful!

No problem. Please try the following:

1. Disconnect the power cord(s) from the internet modem / router device(s) for a couple of minutes, then reconnect.

2. Disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer.

3. Click on Start\Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and uninstall the Canon driver program.

4. Restart the computer.

5. Click on Start->Devices and Printers, and if you still see the Canon printer there, then right-click on it, and remove / delete it for now.

6. Download and install the printer driver / software "MG3200 series Mini Master Setup" at the website below:

http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg3240.aspx?type=download&softwaredetailid=tcm:13-973756&os=Windows%207%20(64-bit)&language=EN

, during installation, select the wireless option when prompted.

; if needed, you can see the full instructions / illustrations at the website below:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mg3240_printer_wireless_connection_setup/

, (there, click on the option "Standard Connection Method" first)

Please let me know. Thank you.

Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience: Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, will do, but I do not have the time right now - can I revert later? you solved the scanning problem, so that is ok now.

but uninstalling/reinstalling - I do not have the time right now.

Yes, you can try whenever you have time, and you can always get back to me if there is still any issue, and I will reply back to you as soon as possible (check your email for messages from JustAnswer / Viet anytime.) Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience,