Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

The printer will not print. It goes through all the motions

Customer Question

The printer will not print. It goes through all the motions with all the right noises but the paper will not feed through.
The triangle warning light is on saying there is a paper jam but I can't find any paper in the machine that is jammed. If there is it must be right in the middle of the machine.
Can you help please
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try a hard reset:

- with the printer On, pull the power plug, sharply and suddenly.
- unplug it from the computer also (if it is wireless, of course you cannot do that, I realize.)
- leave it that way, unplugged, for over 1/2 hour.
- plug in to the power again. Turn On if necessary. Leave it unplugged from the computer still.

See if that at least clears the triangle warning light. If it does not, then check the ink levels.

If that does clear the triangle warning light, at least until another print job is sent or until it is connected to the computer again, then you need to tell me:

What is your computer, a Windows PC or an Apple computer?

Which version of Windows (or MAC OS X ) is on it?

(If a Windows PC, what is its System Type? either 32-bit or 64-bit, and found in
Start - Control Panel - System and Security - System .)

Let me know, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry but that hasn't worked. When the printer is on there is a flashing light in the no. of copies window which goes from 3 to 0 to E. The warning sign is still on.

When I try to print there is a notice which says Clear the Jam, but I can't. I have looked inside as far as I can and I can't see any paper.

Is there another test I can do to clear whatever is inside the printer that is stopping it from printing?

What is the maker and model # ***** your printer, please? The 3-0-E error is very significant. But I need the maker and model # ***** interpret it.