Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Just purchased Pixma mg5550. How do I change the print settings.Each

Just purchased Pixma mg5550.
How do I change the print settings.Each time I try to print a document from my IPad Air it tells me that I need to change paper size.
I have loaded A4 but the machine tells me that it is only recognising 6X4 paper.
If I print an email direct from the iPad it prints using all of the A 4 paper where as for documents it is only printing 6X4
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Which program are you using for the documents on the iPAd?
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pixma solutions
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
In the app, press on the top right bars then in print settings you set the default paper to use when printing.
You will see on the entry Paper Size
It looks like in this picture
Click me to view
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot get this box.
I get a box with four things.
1. Printer information
2. Manual online
3 ink model number
4. Printer info sending setting
Then under that three boxes
Detect printer
Printer set up
Check change set up
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Choose Printer Setup
What do you then get?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another box which says access point connection.
Set up guide.
Which explains how to get the printer online, which it already is.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This is the app your using correct?
Click me to view
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct.
After having downloaded the App, was there something else I needed to do.
Already it shows a picture of my printer and model number at the bottom.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then it should give you the option with the three lines in the top right.
Choose
2. Manual online
then search for PAPER SIZE and follow the instructions there.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Opened it gives me
Useful functions available on machine
Printing
Scanning
Copying.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, choose Printing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that,
It's another drop down menu but nothing about changing paper size settings
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Then the only reason is the App is not able to control this for your model when doing documents Jon.
Normally you will do it as I initially indicated, but we have checked every option it can be and now can confirm, with your model the page setup is only possible to be altered via a computer, with the app is not able to sorry and is going to be a bug in the App.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A disc came with the printer but I have not used it because I thought I could do everything from the app.If I use the disc via my laptop then put info into printer will that do the trick
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, as that disk is for the computer Jon, not the iPad.
The iPad gets everything from the app.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just talked with Canon and you are correct.from an IPad Air the App will not support paper size change.
Looks like I will have to live with it
A Bum Deal !!!!!