Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have an ESP3250 all in one. It was working fine until I changed

I have an ESP3250 all in one. It was working fine until I changed the colour cartridge and now I can only get the "COPY" screen up on the control panel. Your software tells me my computer software is up to date but I need to be able to "PRINT". Can you advise please.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What exactly happens when you try to print to the printer from your computer?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It logs an extra print job "waiting to be printed" but nothing else happens.The screen on the printer stays on "Copy document"

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thank you
First, please remove the power from the printer and wait 10 minutes
then plug the power in, turn on the printer and tell me if you still have the problem Geoff
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Removed power for 10 mins as requested but no change. No reaction from printer when print requested.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you put the original cartridge back in the printer.
Tell me if it still then stays on Copy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Original cartridge shows "Copy document" briefly but then goes to a red

error report.....error code 3508.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, that error is for a bad cartridge or print head Geoff.
Did you also get that error with the new cartridge?
also, you removed the plastic from the new cartridges?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did not get any error report with new cartridge and there is no plastic to remove from this type of cartridge in this country (Type 10C) apart from the outside packaging.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can it actually copy?
If you do a copy direct on the printer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It will copy if I put material to be copied on the scanner glass . I feel there may be no connection between the computer and the printer ? Is this a possibility?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes the connection may be lost, and I want to see if that's the case.,
So put something on the scanner glass, do a copy and let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Material on the scanner glass will copy perfectly as stated in my previous reply.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
How is the printer connected to the computer? Via wifi or via a cable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cable.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Connect it to a different USB port on the computer
Then try to print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Already tried that with no difference.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, which version of windows is this?
And can you tell me what else you have tried please as I am not seeing anything else apart from
"I've played with the cotrols on the printer but can only get "COPY" but I need "PRINT". Computer software is current according to your own messages."
and it avoids me having you do things you already have
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 8. Not tried anything else that you don't know about now.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, go to the windows start screen
Type in printers and click on device and printers.
right click on your printer and select printer properties
then click on the ports tab
Tell me what port is set please (has a tick next to it)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Set port is USB 001

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then you need to reinstall the printer.
Right click on the printer and remove it.
Then disconnect the cable
Restart the computer.
Run the installation again like you did when you first received the printer and tell me if the installation can then complete please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ran the CD and it finished by telling me the software was up to date

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You first remove the printer?
If you go back to devices and printers, is it there again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Printer was removed. printer not now in devices and printers.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, now click Add printer in that window, and add the printer again when it has found it.
Then try to print to it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Add printer does not find any printer although it looks for it. Should the printer be connected and powered up?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, can you connect it, turn it on and then repeat the process.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Add printer does not find any printer.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, can you use a different cable Geoff, as I want to rule out that the cable has faulted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I only have the one USB cable that fits the back of the Kodak printer.The connection into the printer is I think specific to Kodak so I don't have a spare

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its not a specific connection, you can get them at most stores.
another way to see, so you have another computer there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What I need to do I think is to get a new cable and see if that makes any difference. Should I uninstall the Kodak software and try a reload again

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, as windows itself would have seen it.
If you do not have another computer there, then yes, take the cable into the store, get a replacement and try that cable as this will tell us if it is the cable that's the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's 6.10 pm here so I'll get the cable tomorrow and come back to you once I've tried it.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Geoff
Keep the receipt as you can return it if we conclude its not the cable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I switched on the computer and printer this morning , it started to print the stored print jobs which proved that the cable is OK. It would still not operate as normal so I uninstalled the Kodak software and reinstalled it. This fixed everything as far as I can see. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then one of the fixes we did took time to work, it should never have been so delayed, and it may indicate issues on the computer, so I advise to monitor this Geoff.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering