Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

The black ink in my 5510 hp smart printer does not work [l

The black ink in my 5510 hp smart printer does not work [l the others does] whats the cause and what can I do to clear anny blockage?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
How did you clea the mahcine exactly?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just use a dad of methylated spirit and brush with area with small toothbrush

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Thank you however I meant which areas exactly did you brush?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the black ink area

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It sounds like you may have done something different than what I would suggest.
Even if this is similar to what you did let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is an area on the cartridge that when pushed ink will come out that is normal, just get any dried ink off that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Freddy M, i tried your suggestion,It seem to work for now, please do not sign me up for the 1 week free trial with [just answer, i do not want to be a member [no further payment should be taken from my account. thank you

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I have sent in a report to make sure you are charged a one time fee for this one question please do not forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated. It is also the only way this site will pay me for my time, a negative rating or no rating means the site does not pay me for working with you.
.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I have sent in a report to make sure you are charged a one time fee for this one question please do not forget to leave a positive rating for my help so this site will pay me for my time it is greatly appreciated. It is also the only way this site will pay me for my time, a negative rating or no rating means the site does not pay me for working with you.
.