Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have just put a new print head in my Kodak ESP 7250 printer

Customer Question

I have just put a new print head in my Kodak ESP 7250 printer as I was advised to do using the Kodak support. It still will not print. I have done a calibration but no success. What can I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What exactly happens when you try to print?
Are you getting a specific error?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I get a blank piece of paper

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jennifer
When you calibrated, did anything print?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, unplug the power and wait 10 minutes
Then plug the power in, and then try to print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried to copy a document and it is still not printing anything

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jennifer, it was never the print head, as this would bring a different issue, it is the internal mainboard on the printer thats faulted
It is very clear for me to see.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If the warranty has expired it is NOT worth repairing, the costs outweigh the value of the printer. You will also be able to get a refund on the print head, they should never have got you to purchase one.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your advice. As I have had the printer since June 2012 it is out of warranty so I will have to buy a new one. Any recommendations?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What is important to you Jennifer for a printer eg: documents, photos, emails or a bit of everything? and how often do you print eg: Home use once a week, once a day, office use?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do a bit of everything. Photos are important, documents and e mails are very important, I need it to be an all in one as do scanning and copying as well. It does not need to be wireless.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, they are all wireless now :)
You want HP, they are the leaders in printing, and currently the best one for what you want is the 5510-e
It does what you need, but is also very good on how it uses ink (the hidden cost)
Amazon have it for a good price here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Photosmart-Printer-Wireless-Print/dp/B0055J4HGO
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help, Richard. I will certainly order a new printer now as I am desperate. There is also a HP 5520 e on the same page on Amazon. Would that do the same job?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, also a good printer Jennifer, just a slight model change.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for this - I have been impressed by this website and will use it again if I have any more problems. However with a new printer I hope this will not be for a long time.

Bye

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I hope so too
remember we answer questions on anything :)