Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a problem with printing using a Canon ip2702 and Picasa.

I have a problem with printing using a Canon ip2702 and Picasa. I put in new inks and now when i
I go to print a second Picasa window opens and I press print from that page and a test print is printed, small picture and row of colored squares. I cannot print without this window coming up. It used not to but this is the first time I have changed the cartridges. I have tried all the usual stuff, turning the whole system of and on again etc. Can you help me please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Does it look like this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it is a small version of the picture I am trying to print with a small line of 3 colour icons above it.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That could be an alignment page please check here does it look like anything on this page: Click Here?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks I have now printed the head alignment pages and will now try to print again.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

oh dear - still not printing correctly even after aligning the head. The is still the extra window after I click print on the normal Picasa window which used to go straight to the printer. I have to press print on this window or else nothing happens - then I get the small picture printing not the correct size. Just a thought - I recently bought and fitted new print cartridges which are refills not original Canon ones. Do you think this could have anything to do with it?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Refills and compatibles can indeed cause problems with these machines and can damage the print head. The second window you mentioned also sounds normal. After you click print a second window is supposed to open in case you want to adjust any settings like the size or quality, you press print in that window to confirm and send the print job. If you were not getting that it was not working properly before. Can you print this page and see if the same thing happens? Let me know what comes out.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is actually a third window - after the window where you adjust size etc. It is headed Canon then a number that I can't read it looks likeTI with the T underlined Preview Picasa. At the top various option s then a Start Printing button. If I delete this window and go back to the previous window it just comes up again. WHen I print the Start Printing button I get the incorrect print again.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If you print this page does it do the same thing?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, Freddy, it does. Have ordered original printing cartridges from Amazon but of course won,t be able to see if that works until they arrive.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Do you have the old ones? You could test with those. You can also come back any time by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top. The question does not expire or anything like that.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No unfortunately I threw them away. Will try when I get the new cartriges.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok we can test the driver now if you would like. If you prefer to wait that is completely up to you. To test that I need to know what version of windows or mac you have on your computer.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have Windows 7

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.

Click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)

Right click on your machine and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the computer.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)

You will need to restart the computer, you can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.
Restart the computer and reinstall the printer.

Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Freddy. Thank you for all your help but I am afraid the problem is not solved - still the same. I don't want to rate you badly because you have done your best to help me and I think the problem is with the printer, which is now printing dull and reduced colours even with new Canon cartriges. I am asking a computer firm to visit me and try to help. Is there any chance I could get a partial refund?Lesley

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
As I mentioned in my answer if it did not work all you had to do was let me know so we could continue. If you want a partial refund please reply with "I accept" and the amount you wish to pay. Do not rate, I will have it changed/put through manually once you have replied with what you accept. If you wish to continue instead I am happy to do that as well.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I accept. I would like to pay £15 for this service. MAny thanks.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Thank you I will send it to those above me, please do not rate or reply. This site forces me to be the last to reply on the page.
.