Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Prints with a pink cast to everything

Prints with a pink cast to everything
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What ink are you using? are you using refills or 'Canon-compatible' cartridges rather than Canon OEM-original ink ?

What paper stock are you using, also?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Canon compatible, testing print on ordinary 80gm paper

Your Canon 'compatible' ink may be not quite suitable for your printer. I advise doing repeated head cleanings, at least 3 of them in not-too-close succession (waste ink soaking into the printhead for an interval can help with this sort of problem), and then do a test print from the printer itself, and see if that 'pink cast' still shows up.

Of course, if you are printing from an Adobe software product, that sort of software has such complex color and printing controls, that it may be instructing the printer to produce pinkish-tinted printouts... so check with a tst print from either a non-Adobe software program, or by a test print / nozzle check print from the printer itself.