Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have an XP-305 printer which was installed

Customer Question

I have an XP-305 printer which was installed for me some time ago but hasn't been used - much until now. I have just replaced 4 inkjet printers and have tried to print a document. However first I got blank pages and just now the paper was going through and it sounded as though the page was printing - but it wasn't! Can you help? I am probably the least technical person you've ever to deal with!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What version of windows or mac is on your computer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bearing in mind that I'm a 'technophobe(!) and freeze at the sight/sound of any technology - I think I have Windows 7

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Thank you, let's try doing a print head cleaning to do that please follow the steps on this page: Click Here It has images of each step. After you have run the cleaning try to print something. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.