A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Technician
Experience:  Have worked on various printers for 5+ years.
71208907

I have just bought a Canon Pixma MG3200printer/Scanner I am

I have just bought a Canon Pixma MG3200printer/Scanner I am using it with an Acer PC with Windows 8. The printwer will not sxcan at all wirelessly. When connected by cable it will. I previopusly had a HP Scaanner which would scan documents. Pictureas and a combination of both directly to my documents file where I could edit therm , copy tyhem and send them to any file I wished. I edit a magazine and receive A4 copy in the wrong font and paper size. I have been trying to do this with the Cannon but find it extremely complicated. For instance if I want the Logo at the top of an article I have to scan and paste it separately to the text. Can you advise me. John XXXXXX

Category: Printers
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens :

Hi John -

A. Stevens :

Did you install the software that came with the Canon printer already?

Customer:

yes

A. Stevens :

So I would imagine that the software you are using to edit your scans is different than the HP one correct?

Customer:

it was the disc sen t with the canon printer

A. Stevens :

I understand

A. Stevens :

And before you were using the disc that came with your HP scanner?

Customer:

yes

A. Stevens :

Would you be interested in arranging for additional services so that I can work with the software that came with your canon, so that I can demonstrate to you how to achieve what you are looking to do?

A. Stevens :

Also we can resolve the wireless scanning issue

Customer:

yes

A. Stevens :

Please accept my offer, and follow the link above to connect to the remote session.

A. Stevens :

There will be some instruction at the link on how to connect.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just paid a lot of money for the computer and your advice to expect more is a bit ov er the top. If the error is duje to a faulty printer I will return it and get another.

I don't believe it's due to the printer being faulty, but just a matter of getting the software to work as you desire. But it's completely up to you how you would like to proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I bought this printer recently. Bcause II have a deadline I desperately needed to solve the problem so I agreed to pay the consultation fee.

I was then told that to get the advice I needed I would have to pay a further fee, the cost of the two fees being more than the cost of the printer.

I do noit consixder my question has been properly answered.

I understand that you have not received a solution. As I mentioned, I can fix the problem for you for an additional fee, or without any additional fee we can work through the problem here via this Q&A. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Thanks! Sorry about any confusion.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The problem has now been solved from other sources.

Under the circumstances I won't leave feedback.

John Giffard

Hi John -
Glad you were able to resolve...if you prefer a refund you can rate "OK Service" here to close out the question...then contact JA customer care to request a refund.
You can contact Just Answer Customer Care/Billing at these places:
Email:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
Phone:
US/Canada 1.888.862.9212
Australia 1.800.679.634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0808-189-0970
The rest of the world 1-925-418-3893