Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

My epson xp 760 does not print photos from my Mac osx 10.6.8.

My epson xp 760 does not print photos from my Mac osx 10.6.8. I format the photo to be A5 in Iphoto, load the paper and then it goes through and comes out blank and says more paper is required.
It prints text (from Word).
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is Sowrav and I will try to help you today.

Can you try to print some text in various colors, instead of black from word and let me know the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the same thing happens - usb connection

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Same things happens, means ? blank page came out from the printer ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
If the printer is printing blank pages, make sure you are using the correct printer driver and make sure the paper size is correctly selected in the driver. If the printer is printing black only, the "Ink" option in the printer driver may be set to "Black" instead of "Color" or a setting in the software may be set to print black only. Also, the print head nozzles may be clogged. From the Utility section found in the EPSON printer driver, clean the print heads by performing a head cleaning followed by printing a nozzle check pattern. A head cleaning and nozzle check must be performed as a cycle. After printing a nozzle check, examine the printed dot pattern. Each staggered horizontal and straight vertical line should be complete, with no gaps in the dot pattern. If there are gaps in the dot pattern, continue with another cycle. Perform up to 3 cycles if necessary. If the nozzle check is not printing completely, and if the head cleanings do not help the nozzle check pattern to print completely, try replacing the ink cartridge.

Hold the cleaning button on the printer for 3 seconds to start the cleaning cycle. Try running 2 cleaning cycles using the cleaning button. The cleaning cycle takes about 2 minutes, during which the printer makes some noises and the power light flashes.

CAUTION: Never turn the printer off when the power light is flashing.
If the print quality does not improve, the cleaning cycle and nozzle check should be run from the Utility menu of the Epson printer driver settings. This runs a more intense cleaning cycle.

Follow the steps below to clean the printhead.

1. Access the Main printer settings dialog box.
2. Click on the Utility tab/button and you will see the Utility menu.
3. Run the Nozzle Check (Windows), Confirmation (Macintosh) and it will print out a nozzle check pattern/confirmation as shown below.

Nozzle Check

4. After reviewing the nozzle check, if necessary, select the Head Cleaning icon and run a cleaning cycle on black, color or both print heads depending on which color is missing.

IMPORTANT! A head cleaning and nozzle check page must be performed as a cycle so subsequent cleanings will advance to a higher intensity cleaning cycle. This process ought to be repeated until the nozzle check prints correctly. When the nozzle check prints correctly the printer is ready to go. If you run more than 6 cleaning cycles and no improvement is seen in the nozzle check, the ink cartridge may need replacement or the printer may require service.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the head clean and nozzle check went fine, but when i went to print text in colour same happened. clean page printed with instruction to refill tray 2. where on the mac is the place to change ink colour in?.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Did you see color on the nozzle check page ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes as in the image you provided

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Please follow the steps below to delete the printer from computer and reply me back.

Please go to Apple menu > System Preferences -> Print & Fax.

Select the printer in the list at the left, and click the Delete (-) button.

Do not close the window.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the - button does nothing, only makes a noise

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
You have to select the printer in the list and then click the Delete button. Only clicking on the button will not help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok have deleted printer

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Now, disconnect the USB cable of the printer from the computer, wait for few secs. and then reconnect the cable, the printer icon should reappear on that same window, after some time. Let me know, after that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it appears when i press + button

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
OK, can you try to print and let me know.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Hello Ranjan, did you try to print ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no. it asked for a driver and i downloaded one from the epson site for macs and then the system crashed. will reopen tom hopefully. will keep you updated from another laptop.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
OK