Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a new canon ip7250. All the prints I have made appear

I have a new canon ip7250. All the prints I have made appear a little "askew". I have checked the drawers and everything seems ok. This fault is affecting both drawers
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you say Askew, you mean it is not lining up correctly with the edge of the paper?
Just want to be sure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is correct the margin on the right is narrower at the top of the page. On photographs there is a border on the top but not on the bottom
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You need to run an alignment of the print head
to do this, go to Start, Devices and Printers.
right click the printer and select printer preferences.
Then click Maintenance.
Then click print head alignment.
Run this and when it has completed, it should now print correctly.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the advice. I am currently at work but will try out your suggestion tonight. I thought I had already done this as part of the set up routine but I'll do it again.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Alan.
It is not done during the initial setup as it is not usually needed.
I have marked this question to never close, so any issues, let me know here.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I carried out your instructions and it is working ok. I also found an orange sticky tab on the bottom of the top tray so it could possibly be that which caused the problem. Probably my own fault