Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

i have a canon pixma 5350 printer that won't print black all

Customer Question

i have a canon pixma 5350 printer that won't print black all other colors are ok print head has been replaced any suggestions
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is your computer, a Windows PC or an Apple computer?

Which version of Windows (or MAC OS X ) is on it?

(If a Windows PC, what is its System Type? either 32-bit or 64-bit, and found in
Start - Control Panel - System and Security - System .)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

apple mac running os x 10.9.5

Have you tried any other computer with this printer?

What software have you tried printing black from, on your computer? have you tried a simple text program like TextEdit? have you only been printing photos? or have you only been printing text?

How do photos come out (if you have tried them yet) without the black color?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried printing old docs which were printed ok and also old emails which also printed fine on my other printer which is an epson xp 422 I have not tried another computer as i currently do not have one

as for photo's printed a recent pic and it appeared to come out fine

I have tried another email doc although it prints, it is blue instead of black

have just tried to print from text edit and also word but the pages come out blank

Try this reinstall method, please, step by step:

1. turn Off the printer, and disconnect it from the computer also. Leave it that way through the following process, until required to turn it On in the following process.

2. in the printer's list, click on the printer's name (the Canon 5350 that is) and remove it from the printer's list using the - sign button.

3. go to

http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5350.aspx?type=download&language=&os=OS%20X%2010.9%20%28Mavericks%29

and download the MG5300 series CUPS Printer Driver. And install from that.

That will hopefully cure the problem with printing black.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately this didn't work either. Tried it twice but it did not print at all. also tried to copy a doc but it printed in a dark blue colour not black even though the printer was set on black and white printing .
Phil
What ink supplies are you using? genuine Canon-OEM-original, or refills, remanufactured cartridges, or 'Canon compatible' ink?