Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

THE CARTRIDGES IN MY HP DESKJET 840C PRINTER ARE STUCK IN THE

THE CARTRIDGES IN MY HP DESKJET 840C PRINTER ARE STUCK IN THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE PRINTER AND WILL NOT COME OUT ALONG THE POLE TO PRINT.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This can be an issue when the drive motor has jamed.
Try to nudge the cartridge holder (called a print head) across to the middle.
Use a bit of force (as if it does not move the motor has failed)and tell me if this gets it moving
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

WHEN YOU PRESS THE ON FUNCTION THE DRIVE MOTOR TRIES TO PUSH THE PRINT HEAD OUT BUT DOES NOT SUCCEED.I HAVE TRIED TO FORCE THE PRINT HEAD OUT AT THE SAME TIME WITH NO SUCCESS. IS THERE A WAY TO TAKE THE CASING OFF THE PRINTER TO ACCESS THIS AREA.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No there is not William but it wont help, as the print head has failed and needs replacing.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.