Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Canon Pixma MG7550 - runs incredibly slowly

I have a new Canon Pixma MG7550 installed. It's connected via USB to my PC which runs 64 bit Win 7 sp1 with 8Gb of RAM. Install completed correctly and now there seems to be a driver or comms issue of some sort as a text page take 4+ minutes and a photo sent for a 4x6 print is still transferring data after nearly 20 minutes. Any ideas?

Just to add - all the functions on the printer accessed from the touch screen are also amazingly sluggish. Just wondering what the thing is doing!

Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Go into the printer's driver settings. Look for a setting that reads something close to
'Print directly to printer'
and enable it. Then save the changed setting by clicking on OK. And see if that makes printing work faster.

Printing directly eliminates buffering of the print job... and may help it work faster.

Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.