Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I have Canon MG6150 & having error 5B00 (ink absorber is

Customer Question

I have Canon MG6150 & having error 5B00 (ink absorber is full). How can I fix it?

I am using refill cartridge & sometimes there is a leak from black small cartridge & would like to know the reason of leakage. It was ok for years & leakage stared in last 3 months.

Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is Sowrav and I will try to help you today.

Can you tell me, how you are so sure about the leakage ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was using refillable ink cartridges. It reduced to almost half as soon as I refill it (leakage happened only for the black, grey & pink colour) & I found many ink under the cartridges when I remove the cartridges.

Now it is showing the error message on the screen (Error number - 5B00, saying that ink absorber is almost full)

I can't do any re-set as error message is always on the screen.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
OK, do you refill the cartridge at home or do you buy refilled cartridges from stores ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi sorry for late reply as I lost the link of answer waiting room & I didn't know the was email from you in my email account which I used for paypal.

I boughtrefill cartridges & refil ink from ebay & refil myself.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the update, the problem is with the ink absorber, this was caused due to the leakage of the cartridges. The capacity of the absorbers become less due to the leak on the cartridges. Now, you have to do two things. First you have to get new cartridges, if you have not done so and then, you can follow the steps from the link below to reset the counter of the ink absorbers.

http://jezpinions.blogspot.in/2012/03/canon-mg6150-ink-absorber-reset-error.html
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi l know that blog & have tried before l contact just answer. It was not ok, can not get to service mood at all.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you have any solution apart from the link you gave me ?

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
I don't know, why the steps are failing, because in the past many customers have used these same steps to solve this problem. Anyway, the other way is to manually cleaning the pads. There is no specific instructions for your printer model, so I can only provide you the general instructions for Canon printers. you can try them out.

http://www.247inktoner.com/blog/post/2012/12/02/How-to-Clean-the-Waste-Ink-Absorber-in-Your-Canon-Printer.aspx