Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

My cannon pixma220 is giving me the error message 'clear paper

My cannon pixma220 is giving me the error message 'clear paper jam and..'
I had just successfully printed several pages when this occurred. There were no tears or missing bits on the pages printed and I can see no evidence of paper in the machine.
The paper starts to feed by about 3cm, then stops.
It happens when I try to print from my computer or scan and print.
I have tried cleaning the paper feed roller as per on-screen support instructions and also turning the machine off and on again.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you power off the printer and wait 15 minutes.
Power it on and then try to print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that has not cured the problem!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Linda
If you try to do a copy on the printer, do you also get the same problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I want to be 100:% sure there are no pieces of paper stuck in it at all.
Can you open it up and check in ever spot, blow out every area as even a very small piece can cause an issue.
Once done, close it back up and tell me if it still gives this error please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had already checked all the areas I could get at (with a torch!). I had just successfully printed 10 pages, and had a problem on the 11th. All 10 of the pages printed are intact - no tears or bits missing.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, then its a faulting sensor Linda, especially if it occurs after a number of prints. A paper sensor that detects for paper will be shorting out and giving it a false reading. We have ruled out all other causes for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. But this needs to be replaced
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.