Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have canon pro9500 printer. Bought 18th March 2009. Resume

I have canon pro9500 printer. Bought 18th March 2009.
Resume button blinks orange 5 times pause for 1 and then 5 repeatedley. Used Canon printer check program to test link to computer. Says it's ok.It just won't print. Message says fault d press resume button and if that fails turn printer off and when on. Tried this many times. Turned computer on and off and even downloaded new up to date driver. No help.
Is there anything else I can do?.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

let me know if you get any error code along with the flashing light

JACUSTOMER-jnkcyens- :

Michelle :

please try the below steps

Michelle :

remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
once these steps have been done turn on printer and check

Michelle :

let me know if you still get the blinking light or are you able to print

JACUSTOMER-jnkcyens- :

After running canon my printer diagnose and repair program, a box appears when you ask it to print saying operator eror- press resume button.If this doesn't clear error cancel printing and turn printer on and off and then on again. No error code. Tried this. No effect.

Michelle :

how is printer connected to computer

Michelle :

usb or wifi

Michelle :

is it connected to computer via usb cable or wireless

Michelle :

try the below

Michelle :

please turn off printer and unplug power cord. keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs. unplug printer usb cord from computer...wait for 2 mins...in the meanwhile on your computer..click start..control panel..devices and printers. right click on printer icon and remove\uninstall. then turn on printer and plug in printer usb to computer..in the devices and printers window click on add printer option on top and try to add the printer again. once its added, try printing and let me know the status

Customer:

still not working. does it need to go into repair shop?

Michelle :

is it still flashing the orange light

Customer:

yes -just the same

Michelle :

do you see a resume button on the printer

Customer:

yes-that IS the light that is flashing

Michelle :

try the below sequence....

Michelle :

• Turn the printer power off.

• While pressing the "Resume/Cancel" button, press and hold the "Power" button. (The Power LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)

• While holding the "Power" button, release the "Resume/Cancel" button.

• While holding the "Power" button, press the "Resume/Cancel" button 2 times, and then release both the "Power" and "Resume/Cancel" buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting with Alarm LED.)

• When the Power LED lights in green, press the "Resume/Cancel" button 4 times to reset ink absorber counter. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting with Alarm LED.)

Michelle :

once done check if the light flashes

Customer:

still flashes. on this model at no time do I get a green light !

Michelle :

in that case the fault seems to be internal with the reset counter

Michelle :

did you clean the printhead contacts

Customer:

does that mean the repair shop ?

Michelle :

yes..since the cleaning and reset sequence have not worked as printer seems to be stuck on the flashing lights, the printer would need to be serviced

Customer:

yes i cleaned the printhead manually -unable to use automatic cleaning ecause of flashing lightb

Michelle :

you can take the unit to any local printer repair store to get the unit serviced

Customer:

ok .Thanks for trying .

Michelle :

i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again

Michelle :

Let me know if you have any questions

please click on a smiley face below or stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answered

Thanks for choosing Just answer