Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Canon Pixma IP6600D bending corner of paper from auto feeder

Canon Pixma IP6600D bending corner of paper from auto feeder following paper jam earlier.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Where in the machine did the paper jam originally before this started?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Approximately half way through printing a4 sheet

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Did it tear at all either when it jammed or when you removed the jam?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. I have checked everywhere for obstructions and tries all usual clear roller problems including cleaning. It seems to me that the 'spring loaded paper pick up' (for want of a better description) is not operating correctly. I need a top loader paper feed as I make cards (up to 300gsm) and am just so reluctant to have to replace this ideal printer. Thanks

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
If it feeds at all the pick up roller is working properly, one of the feed rollers however is not. This may seem odd but please try it. Turn the machine off unplug all cables and remove all paper. While pushing back a little bit (not very much) on the feeder turn the machine upside. While doing that shake it side to side a couple or times, once done turn it back over. Now if you have any canned air duster blow it inside the feeder and then test the machine by printing a blank page. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not physically able to try this(had surgery to my back) so will have to wait till there is someone here to try this. Thanks meantime

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok let me know the results when you can, you can get back to me by going to justanswer.co.uk and clicking on my questions at the top.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried all you suggested. If I try printing 10 blank pages it's a hit or miss as to whether it catches the corner or even at one point wrinkled and jammed. Looks like I'll have to source a new top loading printer which I don't look forward to at all.

Thank you for trying.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
one moire thing I would suggest before doing that would be to feed a thick sheet of paper like card stock through 3 or 4 times. If the roller is just stuck and not damaged this should dislodge it if the above did not. After that unfortunately it normally means the roller is damaged and the feeder needs to be replaced. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience