Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Canon MX925 showing fault code 6000 which indicates

I have a Canon MX925 showing fault code 6000 which indicates paper jamming or a foreign body within the printer. I have checked thoroughly and this is not the case. It did jam initially but nothing was left inside. I cannot access reset via the menu because the fault notice shows as soon as the printer is switched on. Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Can you double check for me and make sure it says 6000 and not 6A00? Please also look at the lights on the printer itself, do they flash in a pattern at all?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The read out is 6000. The only lights on the printer are the copy blue light and the triangular warning light. Both flash in sequence of 3 flashes pause, 3 flashes pause, etc. Hope this is useful

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Thank you, ***** ***** machine as if you were going to change the ink do they move over to you?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Magic!! Did not work the first time but did it again this tome taking the print head right over to the right as far as it would go then middled it.

Than you very much Freddy. I will leave you positive feedback

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I am glad to hear it and thank you very much I appreciate the positive rating.
.