Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Having trouble using injet high quality paper in my Canon pixma

Customer Question

Having trouble using injet high quality paper in my Canon pixma mg5150. Normal photo glossy paper works very well. What am I doing wrong?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that you need to go into the printer driver settings on your computer, and set the Paper Type to a specific type that fits or very nearly fits the 'high quality paper' (of whatever manufacturer etc. it is), before sending a print job.

If the pages is remaining wet, or wet-looking, then you may need to adjust the 'drying time' in the printer driver settings... either to less or to more, but probably to longer/more.

That might help - but you have not been specific as to what computer you are printing from, whether you are printing photos or text, and whether you are using genuine Canon OEM original ink cartridges (rather than 'compatibles' or refills etc.)