Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Re Canon pixma2150 printer. The printer prints every fourth

Customer Question

Re Canon pixma2150 printer.
The printer prints every fourth line faint and smudged. I have reinstalled the driver and cleaned the rollers and the ink cartridge is new.
What else can I try?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Is this an MG 2150? Have you tried cleaning it by hand yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it is an MG 2150. Which parts should I clean and what should I clean them with?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.