WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

My printer model is SX415, aka SX410-2. I recently upgraded

Customer Question

My printer model is SX415, aka SX410-2. I recently upgraded my Apple Macbook Pro operating system to Yosemite. I now find that my laptop and printer no longer speak to each other. The printer still works fine as a scanner/copier and when told to print will feed through A4 paper to come out blank. I called at an Apple shop, where they installed a patch, dated August 2014, but that has not solved my problem. Apple advised me to contact Epson help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.
WesPCDr :

Hi there, I'm Wes, and I am a licensed printer specialist. I see you're having some trouble with your printer – I can help you with the printer issue.

WesPCDr :

Because the Operating System was updated, you will need to re-install the printer drivers for your printer.

WesPCDr :

Click on the following link and download the printer drivers --> http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FileDetails.aspx?lng=en-IE&data=emW65r3CP2GMDut7GDDIb+rvFdg9DJEb&id=323650

WesPCDr :

Then install the driver for your printer and try to print again.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I downloaded the driver (?) but don't know how to install it on my printer. When I look up printer info, it looks as if driver 6.52 is already installed.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Here is a link to the installation startup guide. It has the English installation instructions on the right side of the document.http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FileDetails.aspx?lng=en-IE&data=emW65r3CP2GMDut7GDDIb+rvFdg9DJEb&id=323582