Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I purchased a Canon MG3250 printer on 19.1.15 since when it

I purchased a Canon MG3250 printer on 19.1.15 since when it printed 3 pages of info. from my laptop and now refuses to print anything else. I returned it to Curry's who 'overhauled' it for 10 days but, since being returned yesterday, it is still registering no connexion with either my E-System Word 7 or my new Toshiba Intel(R)Celeron TFT9XGA1280x800). All connexions have been removed and replaced several times. What's to do now please? I am at my wits' end. M. XXXXXX

Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, which version of windows are you running?
And are you connected to the printer via wireless or a cable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard. I hope you can help.

At the moment - Windows 7.

I am connected via cable.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you in windows click on Start, Devices and Printers.
Right click on the printer and select printer properties.
Click on the Ports tab and make sure this is checked next to USB001
Click Ok and then try to print.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot locate Devices & Printer on that panel!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Molly,
I saw you rated me as bad, which is the worst rating possible.
yet we are not even finished
If you have windows 7, then devices and printers is there.
Please check more carefully my instructions and tell me how I was rude to warranty already such a bad rating from you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude at all - that is not me and I have never been rude to anyone in my life! Please forgive.

I carried out your instructions about devices/printer but I could not see those words. I will try again.

I located the printer icon but not the Ports tab nor the USB001

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No I am asking how I was rude to you as you rated me with a bad rating, which is a complaint about me.
You need to click Start, then Devices & Printers.
Are you sure you have windows 7?
Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I definitely am on Windows 7 - have had this laptop since 2007.

I have just tried to print off/download something but, although the printer makes all the right noises, nothing is forthcoming!

Please don't worry about it any more as I cannot afford to go further.

Kind regards ***** ***** thanks, ***** *****