Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Bother printer DCP-197C will print and copy from laptop but

Customer Question

Bother printer DCP-197C will print and copy from laptop but I cannot scan from
printer to laptop can you help me
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of windows or mac are you using? Have you tried starting the scan from the computer rather than the printer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have scanned from the computer and I am on windows 8

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How did you try starting the scanner from the computer and what error did you get when doing it that way rather than from the printer? Is it 32 or 64bit windows 8?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no apps is the fault I could not tell if I am 64 or 32 bit and I am starting from the laptop

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What do you mean by "no apps is the fault"? I never said anything remotely like an app was causing your problem. Or is that the error you are getting? If that is the error you are getting as I just said I still need to know how you are starting it from your laptop what program you are using for example to start it. To find out which version you have open any folder, on the left you should see this pc. Right click on it and click properties the window that opens will say if you have 32 or 64bit.