Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

I have an Epson WorkForce WF-3620 Printer and none of my PDF

Customer Question

I have an Epson WorkForce WF-3620 Printer and none of my PDF Software including Abbyy, PDF Architect can communicate with the scanner. Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of windows or mac is on the computer? Will it scan using non pdf programs? Please note no matter what unless you use ocr software you can not edit anything you scan even in pdf format.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have Windows 8.1 Professional on the Computer. I cannot get the software to communicate with the scanner

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
You only mentioned pdf programs. Will it scan using non pdf programs? Please note no matter what unless you use ocr software you can not edit anything you scan even in pdf format.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Programs will not communicate with the scanner although they recognise that it is there

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Please download and install this: Click Here Then test it again. The download is an updated scanner driver and scan utility.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have downloaded and installed the software but even OmniPage Pro won't communicate with the scanner Should I try using a USB Connection?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I did not give you OmniPage is that what you installed? I gave you an Epson Scan Utility.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have Omni Page pro Installed on my Computer which I used with no problem on my old epson printer SX 4154

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Please try the program installed with the scanner driver installer I just sent you and let me know what happens with that.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried the program you have sent me and the software won't communicate with the scanner

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok the program I sent you have the scanner driver built into it, so that should not happen. Please test with USB and let me know if the same thing still happens.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Scanner does work with a USB Stick

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
That is not what I meant, I meant with a usb cable connecting it to the computer.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no USB Connection on the printer to connect with the computer!!!!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
There is actually it is right next to the phone line port. It still however sounds to me like the scanner driver did not install though. I am going to opt out and open this to all experts here is a picture of the ports:
Image result for wf3620 usb port

.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Forget it I am not satisfied

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The printer is set up wirelessely which works fine with printing but my Programs which I use to scan do not communicate with the scanner. I used a USB Stick and set up the scanner interface to use the usb stick and scan to a pdf file and that worked with omni page pro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't mind you taking over the PC

I'm sorry, but something has come up unexpected.
For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.
The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.
When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.
Thank you for your patience.
- Jason