Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

On my Canon iPF6350 I have the following error message 03130031

On my Canon iPF6350 I have the following error message 03130031 - 2F52. The displays says it is a hardware error and to shut down but subsequent restarting brings up the same error
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
How old is the printer? Has anything recently been replaced? Do you happen to have an extended warranty?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did you get my previous reply?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
No I have not gotten any replies, please send it again. If you replied to the email that does not go to anyone you need to reply on this page. You can scroll up on this page to see both your replies and mine.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Trying for the 3rd time. The printer is 3 years old. I have replaced one print head a few months ago. I have also replaced a number of inks as they use up (about 6 weeks ago was the last time) and I do not have an extended warranty.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
This error can mean a few things one of which being the print heads and they normally last about 2 years so you most likely need to replace the other one. The other possibility for this is the control board but that is a lot less likely and the only way to find out for sure is to replace the other print head. That is the most likely anyway since you only replaced one and normally they are replaced after 2 years. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My thoughts were that it was the print head but the difficult now is that `I cant get the print heads into a psoition to change them. For that I need to be able to start the printer.... It's like changing an ink cartidge in a desktop printer. The carriage moves to a psoition where you have access to the heads

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
With the machine off and unplugged the carriage should move freely by hand. From what you just said before replacing anything try just reseating the print heads.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The carriage wont move at all. I could do with a maintenance manual rather than the user manual supplied by Canon. I have no idea how to move the print heads into a position to open them

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Do you mean the service manual?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, if it tells you how to strip down the printer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
No it does not it is a technicians guide, it is the closest thing to that there is though. It has blown up schematics etc but not step by step removal procedures usually. They are also not usually free like the user manuals, you can get the service manual here: Click Here I do not have a copy of it to give you or I would, I have been giving you information based on experience working on these machines. The part of the manual to look for would normally be under carriage assembly. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience