Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

my canon pixma IP3600 has just printed out 12 sheets of info

my canon pixma IP3600 has just printed out 12 sheets of info as requested but the power green light has gone out. I changed the power cord but it has made no difference the machine is not coming on. Help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
When you press the power button, does it show any sign of power at all?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no sign of power at all

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please disconnect all cables from it and then plug it into an outlet in a different room even if this one works for other devices. Push down on the power button hard and see if anything changes even a flashing light for example. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no difference still no green light

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did it show any sign of power at all? How old is the printer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no sign of power. the machine is three years old

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did you happen to get an extended warranty with it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately from what you are describing you would need to replace a board inside the printer to fix this. It is what you connect the power cable to inside the printer. Without a warranty however it is normally cheaper to replace the machine. The part normally costs around £75 and the labour would be about the same if you do not replace it yourself. Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.