Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Paper jamb on Epson stylus SX535WD Small piece of paper out

Customer Question

Paper jamb on Epson stylus SX535WD Small piece of paper out of sight
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Where was the paper you originally removed jammed?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In the past I have seen the crumpled paper under the grey bar at the rear of the machine. This time it was a piece of glossy photo paper about 4" to 5" of which there is no sign.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
OK you are sure there is paper jammed inside though correct? Please give me the exact and entire error it is showing you.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The message is "Paper out or paper jam Load paper or remove the jammed paper and press (Gree diamond symbol"

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
  • Open the MP Tray and remove all the loaded paper.

• Referring to Figure 3 below, check the position of the main paper pickup roller (1). Note the angle of the semi-circular white plastic guides (2) to either side of the central roller:

Figure 3. Normal positions of the MP Tray pickup roller.

Paper
    Full Size Image

If your rollers are in a different position, you can try to rotate them. Push on the central roller or outer sections to rotate them in a clockwise direction:

Figure 4. Rotating the pickup roller.

Adjusting
    Full Size Image

• Open Cover E:

• Check thoroughly for any foreign objects, paper fragments or evidence of damaged parts.

• Check the black plastic flap at the base of the section (marked '1' in Figure 5 below). It should be clipped into both sides of the printer, and you should be able to move the flap up and down:

Figure 5. Cover E (click the image for a larger version).

Inside
    Full Size Image

• Close all the covers, and power off the printer. Wait 10 seconds, then power it on again. Load a single sheet of plain paper and test the printer you may have to press the green diamong button first.
  • If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
    If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
    .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much. I found that I could not identify the parts from the picture. Fortunately a friend came in and by turning the machine up and removing the paper tray we found the crumpled paper! Thank you for your help.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
    .
    You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
    .