Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I am trying to scan a document on my Canon MG5550 but can't

I am trying to scan a document on my Canon MG5550 but can't find anything on my PC. I use Doc.type and Auto scan. OK and press Colour. But can't find anything anywhere. I have been successful in the past so am at a loss. Can you help please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Before anything else I want to make sure you can not edit the document you scan at all, this machine does not have character recognition software. What version of windows or mac is on the computer? Have you tried starting the scan from the computer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

PC runs windows 8.1. I have not tried to scan from computer as tis has not been necessary in the past

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try scanning that way.
Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the screen, click Search, and then type Fax and Scan.

Click Windows Fax and Scan in the results.
Click New Scan, and then click Scan.

To save the scan click on file and then save as.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It worked but only a small portion of the document was scanned.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please try the steps again, and you might want to also try turning the page being scanned around.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I guessed problem may have been scanning as JPEG image and changed to Bitmap. Have now got a decent coopy. Thanks

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and if you have any questions about this let me know.
If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.