Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Our Mp 560 is giving the message "printer error has occurred,

Our Mp 560 is giving the message "printer error has occurred, unplug power and contact service centre" as soon as it is switched on. Is there any alternative to finding a local service centre?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you do the following please
Remove the power from the printer and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power and turn on the printer and tell me if you still get the message please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unplugged for just more than 10 minutes. Still the same error message occurred.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Steve, unfortunately it confirms the issue
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. This is the board that controls the entire printer
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If the warranty has expired, in my experience it's cheaper to purchase a replacement printer, as the cost of repair exceeds its value. Plus you would then only have a short warranty.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.