Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Russel I am using a Canon Pixma MG 5350 and its not printing

Customer Question

Hi Russel I am using a Canon Pixma MG 5350 and its not printing clearly - there is a cloudiness/foggy finish to colour prints. I am using canon inks but i confess not the black inks. Do you think I should replace the black ink with Canon and see what happens before going further?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think you are doing full-color photo prints, is that correct?
Or at any rate full-color graphics printing.

If the black ink is not genuine Canon, I advise you to try using genuine Canon OEM ink of the sort intended for your printer. That may be all you need, and is most likely to address the problem.

(The only other likely cause for the problem that comes to mind is, that you might be using inappropriate paper stock. Check that you are using Canon-approved photo paper stock for your printer.)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Russell. I am doing colour prints and black and white as well. In fact I havent printed in BLACK for a little while. it comes out grey or dark blue. I will order some Genuine canon ink and then assess the results and come back to you. In the mean time can I postpone rating the advice.

Get back to me at your convenience and when you have results, by all means. Thanks, ***** ***** me know.