Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have changed my home Hub to a BTHub5-PCMS and are connected

I have changed my home Hub to a BTHub5-PCMS and are connected to the internet but my
my printer a Canon MG7150 appears to not be connected and I need advice how to do this
please - cheers.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Maurice! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Did you try changing the network on the computer or on the printer? Is there any error or message?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi - sorry about the delay - people at my door - gone now.Ihave a Mac

running Mavericks. I tried changing the network on the computer - the

info Im getting says that the printer in not connected.

That's okay. On the printer, can you press the Home button
, then swipe the screen left, then tap on WLAN icon
, then select option Wireless LAN Setup
, then tap on option To other connection methods
, then tap on option Standard setup
, then select / connect to your BT Hub wireless network name
; if successful, then check printing.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience: Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks but still in trouble -have pressed the home button ok,swiped left

taped on select option Wireless LAN set up and then option 'to other

connections' then Standard set up my problem is putting numbers in the

required 'boxes' I don't know how to change the screed from letters to

numbers and vice versa- I'm 77 years old and slow damn it!

You're welcome. That's okay. Here are the steps for entering the Wi-Fi / wireless password (it is case-sensitive):

a.You can enter the characters when the keyboard is displayed on the printer's LCD.

(Password ***** is case sensitive).

[MASTER] Picture_PIXMA Wireless Connection tab 2-11: Tap to switch between "lower case letters" and "numbers and symbols."

[MASTER] Picture_PIXMA Wireless Connection tab 2-12: While letters of the alphabet appear, tap to switch between upper and lower case letters. While numbers and symbols appear, tap to switch symbol types.

[MASTER] Picture_PIXMA Wireless Connection tab 2-13: Tap to insert a space.

[MASTER] Picture_PIXMA Wireless Connection tab 2-14: Tap to delete the character at the cursor. Use[MASTER] Picture_PIXMA Wireless Connection tab 2-15or[MASTER] Picture_PIXMA Wireless Connection tab 2-16to move the cursor to the target character.

b. Tap the character you want to enter.

c. Repeat steps a. and b. to enter the remaining characters.

- Tap [Apply] when finished.

- Tap [OK] to enter your network password ***** connect to your access point. If you have made a mistake and need to correct the password, touch the button [MASTER] Picture_PIXMA Wireless Connection tab 2-18 to start again.

- If successful, it should show "Connected to the access point", then tap OK to complete the setup. Then see if you can print.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi - I haven't had to do this - the printer has a better brain than mine and

gave me instructions on the screen what to do next -did this and

it's opened the print queue itself and is printing now! Yippee! Thanks for

your help

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have clicked on the 'excellent' advice face - I am spending a lot of money on inks for machine using Canon originals so that they don't do

any damage - do you know a source for cheaper inks that will work ok?

Thank you. Please click on the web below for the answer about the ink question:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/printers/90o1j-canon-7150-excellent-printer-uses-lots-ink.html

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Terrific ! have just ordered 5 for £19.99 - below half the price I was

paying - we need you for our Prime Minster - cheers!

Great. Please click on the website below and rate my service there.

Thank you again.