Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Canon Pixma MG6350 just over a year old so out of

I have a Canon Pixma MG6350 just over a year old so out of warranty. Has worked fine - all wireless setup to Sony laptop and Google tablet. Changed the Cyan ink cartridge recently. It worked for a bit then stopped printing any cyan ink at all. Checked the print pattern - all otherwise perfect. Reservoir shows cyan tank full. Cleaned heads then changed cartridge again - no joy, still no cyan ink delivery. Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Have you tried cleaning it yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I have done a regular clean but not a deep clean. I also tried cleaning the ink nozzle on the first replacement cartridge.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did a deep clean then reinstalled all my printer drivers. When I printed a test page for one of the drivers the cyan printed perfectly. I can only think it was a software problem.

Thanks for your help.