Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I had a paper jam and cleared it but now the printer will not

I had a paper jam and cleared it but now the printer will not print keeps giving error message to clear paper Canon Mg 4250 model
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No sorry this didn't work do u have any more suggestions Thanks Judi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks for your help have resolved the problem I will leave feed back for you Judi