Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have just bought a new Canon pixma MG4250 and I keep getting

I have just bought a new Canon pixma MG4250 and I keep getting the error code 5,156,61
what do I do? .Serial No.LRXB93273.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello John! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you able to print and/or copy?

Is the issue with scanning only?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can print and copy but I cannot scan,I have Windows 8,you can chat

with me remotely later on in the day about noon BST.thank you

You're welcome. Sorry, I'm in the USA. Can we continue in the evening 8PM or later your time?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

In the scanning program on the computer, at the Product Name: option / drop-down list, is the correct printer selected?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The printer is connected by a USB cable

The correct printer is selected in settings

I can communicate with you at 8pm,bye for now.

Thank you. By the way, did you use the printer CD disk to install?

Can you disconnect the printer from the computer for now
, then go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features, and uninstall the Canon .... program

, then restart the computer, then go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers
, and if you still see the Canon printer there, then right-click on it, and remove it for now

, then download and reinstall the printer mini master setup software at the Canon website below and check:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg4250.aspx?type=download&softwaredetailid=tcm:14-973758&os=Windows%208%20(64-bit)&language=

Note: do not connect the printer to the computer until the installation prompts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done allyou ask and still get an error message,a blue light has

come on what doe`s that mean.

Sorry, it is strange. I think it's the light for Wi-Fi. Do you have a wireless modem/router? If yes, can you set up the printer to use wireless instead of USB cable connection? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have disconnected the USB cable it still reads cannot connect to printer

and gives the same error code.

On the printer's screen (not on the computer's screen), did you go to the WLAN Setup and connect it to your wi-fi / wireless network name first? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Did it show Connected to the access point when you did the WLAN Setup on printer?

In the scanning program, at the top in the drop-down list, does it show the network option?

If it still does not work, can I can connect remotely to your computer and fix? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have got printer sorted thank you for your time.

You're welcome. Great. If you don't mind, what was the main issue? Do you have any other computer / electronics question / issue I can help with? Thank you for the update.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing more thank you.

You're welcome. OK. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience: Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.