WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

I have a canon MG8270 multifunction printer and have a problem

Customer Question

I have a canon MG8270 multifunction printer and have a problem with the paper feed. Once I click print, the paper goes in about 25% and then comes to a halt. The message then says that there is no paper in the rear tray and to place paper in tray and press OK. Any suggestions
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Please try printing a blank page with something thick like card stock. Does it do the same thing?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I get the same problem.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok please try making a copy from the scanner glass so the computer is not involved at all and see what happens.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still get the same problem goes in about 25% and stops with a bit of a clanging sound and message "there is no paper. Load paper and select OK".

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok please follow all the steps in this "jam" video even if there are none: Click Here a tiny piece of paper lodged in any of the areas mentioned could cause this. If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did not work.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
What happened when you tried it?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Same problem.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
That does not really answer the question I meant what happened when you followed the steps did you find anything etc. I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The paper seems to stop/jam just before No. 2 in the video.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Wes, and I am a licensed printer specialist. I see you're having some trouble with your printer – I can help you with the printer issue.

Sometimes the rollers become dirty and cause the paper to slip. This can cause the paper not to pick up or even cause a paper jam because the sensors do not see the paper pass in a certain amount of time.

To fix the problem, use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Start where the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and black rollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them. Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well.

Open each cover front, top, and back of the printer and look for pieces of paper in the rollers. Move the rollers with your fingers to clean and move any loose paper out as well.