Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

my printer will not connect to my computor.wifi is set up and

my printer will not connect to my computor.wifi is set up and printer is powered on
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, has the printer worked before and just stopped working?
Or it has never worked?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this printeris new,however the old printer had the same problem when i set up on new modem

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What is the make and model of the modem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

eircom f1000 modem

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thanks
As the first step, remove the power from the modem and the printer and wait 5 minutes
Connect the power to the modem and wait 5 minutes, then power on the printer, restart the computer and try to install the printer.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still have printer error,when i try to print

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me the exact error you get please?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i need to leave for a few hours.can i get back to you.we will try the remote support then,or can you do it without anyone on this end.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I can do it with no one on your end once you accept it and do one set of instructions (takes 1 minute) I can do the rest then Dermot and you can leave.