Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Canon Pixma iX6550 seems like paper jam but can not see any

Canon Pixma iX6550 seems like paper jam but can not see any paper, have done a roller clean.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you remove the power from the printer and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power, turn on the printer and tell me if you still get the paper jam message please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still have a paper jam after disconnecting,it was left overnight sothis wouldn't help. Can't see jammed paper to get out.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** either a stuck piece of paper or a faulty sensor.
The paper can be very small, so it may not be easy to see.
Try to feed a piece of card through the printer which can dislodge it. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It won't take the card through. It is A4 size as well so normally suitable card.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What stops the card getting through?
It wont move the rollers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes thats it, it won't move over the rollers and I cleaned them yesterday but still didn't help at all.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, and you have checked all the roller points for any paper? It does not need to be a lot, just a ripped corner would set it off.
If you have, then its a faulty sensor that's tipping this and that would need to be replaced.
You are going to have to return the printer to this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.