Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Had paper jam-now copies are irregular and all jumbled. also

Customer Question

Had paper jam-now copies are irregular and all jumbled. also photo prints
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Can you explain a little more what you mean by jumbled?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

letters are distint but overlapping and are"up and down"

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Up and down? Do you mean they are printing upside down? Have you tried cleaning the machine yet?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

machine has been cleaned I mean that the lines of print are up and down and over lapping

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
How did you clean it? Please print a blank page, how does that come out?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Blank page clear

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
How did you clean it?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cannot remember printer is like new Used very little

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
That does not change anything, in fact it is better for these machines to get used than left alone. Do you remember if you cleaned it by hand, through the computer, or with menus on the printer? You cleaned it after this problem started correct?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cleaned before - carefully by hand-

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Cleaning it before the problem started would not help, we would need to do it again.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not inclined to carry out your suggestions I"m in my 90th year! I will buy a replacement. Thanks for your help

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
OK if you change your mind and want to continue just let me know.I can help you find a replacement if you like as well. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.