Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Canon MG5550 that I use solely ink printing.

Customer Question

I have a Canon MG5550 that I use solely for edible ink printing. This morning, No images would print out, not even a TEST PRINT....so have done about 14 deep cleans. I now have YELLOW, CYAN & MAGENTA....but no BLACK! But.....when performing a test print the black prints out. Then when I do any kind of test printing either from Powerpoint or Word which contains black I get a blank sheet come out, although you can hear the printing whirring inside......please what else can I do? I have looked at all the refillable inks and redone all the inks to the required levels too. Thanks, Jan
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Have you tried cleaning it yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done numerous deep cleans and test prints. the test prints show black, but when I tried to print a black image nothing comes out!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
As I mentioned that could mean you need a part. I also actually meant have you tried cleaning it by hand yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Freddy....I can find no information on how to get inside to clean it. I have touched all the bottoms of the inks and the ink bleeds out. Jan

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It should not leak like that we need to remove the ink in order to clean it.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Freddy will try that!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome.
.