Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

My Canon printer Pixma MG 3150 has suddenly begun to flash

My Canon printer Pixma MG 3150 has suddenly begun to flash E 0 5 (Error), though it seems to be attached as usual to the computer. It also fails to do straight photocopying. I have checked the connections.Is there anything else I can try, short of taking it back to PC World?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you today.

The error code indicates, the FINE cartridge is not installed properly./Appropriate FINE cartridge is not installed. Please remove and reseat the fine cartridge and if the problem persist then remove the cartridge once more and clean the gold contacts on it with a cotton swab dampened in distilled water, reseat the cartridge and check the result. If the problem persist then, unfortunately the cartridge is defective and replacing it will solve the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done as you suggested, but the problem persists. I changed the cartridges only about a month ago, and had no problem with them until now; as I said, the problem appeared suddenly, when I had been using the printer both independently as a photocopier, and also to print documents from the computer. Any other suggestions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have replied to you, How do I send my reply?

I will repeat it here:

I have done as you suggested, but the problem persists. i changed the cartridges only about a month ago, and had no problem with them until now; as i said, the problem started suddenly, although I had been using the printer both independently for photocopying and also to print documents from the computer, Have you any other suggestions?

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Do you use genuine Canon cartridges ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. I use genuine Canon Cartridges.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Elizabeth for the update, you are saying that, you have replaced the cartridge about a month age, but it does not mean that, the cartridge cannot be defective, any spare can get defective any time in any device, without any prior notice. This is not a rare case, many customers face this problem with their printer or cartridge. If the cartridge is not defective (as you are guessing) then, the printhead is defective, because only these two parts can cause this problem and out of 100 cases in 95 cases the cartridge is the main culprit. That is why I asked you to replace the cartidge, because if the printhead is defective then, you there is no other way left except repairing the printer.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience: Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I have put on a new black cartridge, and the printer is now working. (I am surprised,, since the cartridge was by no means finished; the print had not gone light, as it generally does when the cartridge needs to be changed!)

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Elizabeth Marden